Engaging the Senses with Direct Mail
Direct mail continues to create unique advantages for businesses around the nation, and if you haven’t gotten into it, this is the time. This type of marketing achieves what electronic marketing cannot by being physically present in a customer’s mailbox rather than stuck on a phone or computer screen. Once you decide to add direct mail marketing to your promotional plans, you need to make it effective. Direct mail is like any other type of marketing in that it requires expertise and careful tuning. Otherwise, you can end up blowing a lot of your marketing budget and not getting the return you need.
At Mudlick Mail, we are no strangers to the challenges of direct mail marketing. Engaging people at their mailboxes is a unique kind of ballgame, and we enjoy exploring it and learning how it ticks for each industry and client we serve. Over the years, we have learned just what works where, how we can tweak our strategies to serve individuals. There are many things that make a piece of direct mail stand out in a pile, and we know better than anyone else. While it can be easy to get caught up in numbers and overall strategy, nothing can replace actually holding a piece of mail in your hands and evaluating what that feels like.
Great Direct Mail Engages All Five Senses
- You might not think of this when it comes to direct mail, and it isn’t always an applicable option. However, depending on your industry, you might be in a great place to include fragrance in your direct mail. Whether it’s perfume sample or a scratch-and-sniff patch that allows people to smell your product, you may have a massive opportunity to set your direct mail piece apart from the rest.
- This sensation can have a huge impact on response rates. When you know who you’re marketing to, you can choose which direction you want to go. In general, “official” treatment like outer envelopes or snap packs are excellent for getting high-volume response rates. More upscale treatments like holographic foil labels or textured outer envelopes are generally great for drawing in higher-end clients.
- This all-important sense is what will drive a customer to reach for your piece of mail versus the rest in the pile. Size, shape, color, and overall layout all come into play. The designers at Mudlick Mail know exactly what to do to create tantalizing pieces of mail effective for drawing customers in. When you work with us, we will ensure to provide consistent branding and design so the transition between a piece of mail to your website or brick-and-mortar location is seamless.
- We’re talking about the copy here, which speaks for you when a prospective customer reads it. This is an opportunity to highlight the benefits of your offer and the problems it can solve for them. However, the most important thing for the copy to do is repeat your offer so that the customer remembers it. Excellent spelling and tone will ensure the customer has confidence in you. Include clear, simple instructions on how to respond so that there is no confusion, and you’ve got some great-sounding mail!
- We have to go a bit abstract with this one; after all, people should not be eating the direct mail you send them. However, your mail should leave an impression, or aftertaste that makes them want to bite on your offer. In order to do this, you need to understand what part of your copy is read first and what part of the mail drove the customer to act on your offer. This kind of research takes some time, but Mudlick Mail has the rigorous infrastructure required to make it happen for you. There’s nothing like decoding how your customer base works so you can meet their needs more effectively!
Mudlick Mail Is Here to Help
Are you considering direct mail marketing? Have you tried it in the past and not found success? Wherever your business is in its journey, we are here to take it further. Our team of direct mail marketing experts has the experience and skills to get the word out about the product or service you work so hard to provide. Contact our mass mailing service to get started!
We do it all!
Price includes (no contracts or volume commitment)
Compared to emails sent to existing customers, direct mail has 30X
the chance of receiving a response from the customer.
Direct Marketing Association
Ask About Our Affordable Payment Plans!
We Make Direct Mail Marketing Easy!
Our direct mail experts will help you maximize your full market potential with a FREE
custom market analysis. Start growing customer count today! Call 866-213-3086 or
complete the form below. Our business hours are Mon-Fri 8:00am - 9pm ET.